I'm sure all of us remember the Chris Evans from the Fantastic Four. He wasn't exactly ripped but wasn't scrawny either. And then fast forward a few years, just before he dons the Captain America suit, you will be blown away by the amount of lean mass that he's put on! He looks a lot more muscular, with bigger biceps and shoulders coupled with that envious V-shaped body (that most girls drool over), not entirely ripped but actually superhero-big! All of us, I repeat, ALL OF US want exactly what Evans has achieved! And I can assure you that, that body did not happen overnight, and requires a great deal of work! Yeah, everyone knows that we need to push our limits at the gym, blah, blah, blah, let's just cut to the chase! The main, one thing that Evans did to achieve that kind of body was to follow a strict workout plan (we call it the Captain America workout) coupled with a clean diet. And we have made this post to give you just that!
Note: Someone who's looking to gain muscle mass needs to lift heavier weights for a lower number of reps for maximum benefit.
Check Out This Captain America Workout Plan
The first day of the week is the best to get your back working.
- Weighted pull ups: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- 1-arm dumbbell row: 2 sets of 6-8 reps
- Seated cable row (wide grip): 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Lat pull down – 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Cable crunches – 3 sets of 10-12 reps
The second day, we move on to the chest workout, to get a pumped up pair of pecs.
- Incline press: 4 sets of 4-6 reps
- Dumbbell bench press: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Cable crossover – 2 sets of 10-12 reps
- Face pulls- 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps
Workout: Light Cardio
This day is earmarked to either take a break or to burn off excess fat.
Optional Cardio workout with 20 min of Treadmill with a slight inclination or this day can be used to rest for the muscle fibers to grow back.
Workout: Lower Body
Moving on to the lower part of the body. The most hated workout day is the leg day. Nevertheless, we have to work the lower body to look proportionate.
- Deadlift – 3 sets of 4-6 reps
- Lunges – 2 sets of 6-8 reps per leg
- Leg press – 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Calf raise (seated or standing) – 5 sets of 10-15 reps
- Hyperextension (Leg extension) – 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Cable woodchoppers – 3 sets of 10-15 reps per side
Workout: Upper Body
Going back to square one, working the entire upper body, on the 5th day is the best to bulk up quickly.
- Seated dumbbell press – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Weighted pull-ups – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Cable crossover – 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Side delt raises – 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Rear delt raises – 2 sets of 10-12 reps
- Barbell curl – 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Overhead triceps rope extensions – 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps
Workout: Rest day
Rest is an important part of working out. It helps your sore muscles.
As important as working out, is resting enough. This allows your muscle fibers to grow back stronger and help the body on its way to becoming bigger.
Workout: Light Cardio
Once again, an optional cardio/rest day. Can also be used to concentrate on muscles that you feel need more working out.
Optional Cardio workout with 20 min on the treadmill with a slight inclination, coupled with some cross trainer workout for another 20 min. Optional 20 min workout on the stationary bike.
This workout plan is for those who are inherently lean and want to bulk up and increase their muscle mass. Those who aren't, need to first work on burning the excess fat and then go on with this plan.
That ends out Captain America workout plan, let us know what you feel below int he comments/emoticon sections below!