Carrie Fisher was one of the most beautiful women in the late 70s, the female heartthrob for teens and adults alike donned the golden bikini like no one else! The actress who had portrayed Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies died of a heart attack at the age of 60 on Dec 27th! Here are some facts about the iconic actress that you probably didn't know...
1. She had suffered through substance abuse (prescription drugs) and had been in and out of rehab in October 1998 (her coke nail spotted & circled in the picture below)
2. Her father Eddie Fisher left when Carrie was two years of age and married Elizabeth Taylor.
3. She was a great stage-artist and did her 1st European singing in London, England in 2003
4. It is said that she disliked the Bagel Bun hairstyle from Star Wars, but didn't complain, being afraid of Director George Lucas firing her!
5. She had to stand on BOX in many of her scenes with Harrison Ford in Star Wars, owing to Ford's huge stature.
6. She became very successful as a movie writer and even did movie script rewriting, saving many producers in her day!
7. She was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder!
8. She has a daughter, Billie Lourd, with great film agent Bryan Lourd, although, they never got married. Unfortunately, Bryan later left Carrie for a man!
9. She has missed several blockbuster opportunities by turning down roles such as Emmeline in The Blue Lagoon (1980), Sarah Connor in The Terminator (1984) and Kathryn Murphy in The Accused (1988).
10. She met the target of losing 35-pounds to star in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) at the age of 59!
11. Carrie's French Bulldog tags along with her everywhere, even to TV shows where she's a guest!
We will always remember Carrie as Princess Leia with an amazing yet petite figure!