If you have 400 bucks in your pocket to buy a smartphone, you need to make sure that you are buying the best smartphone under 400 dollars rather than just some good phones. With 400 dollars, you can get some of the premium smartphones in the market including iPhone. You can also buy smartphones a few bucks more than 300 dollars and invest the rest of the money buying accessories in turning your smartphone into a truly smart gadget. Here are the top ten best smartphones under 400 dollars available right now that require your attention.
Pick The Best Smartphone Under 400 Dollars
1. LG Nexus 5X
LG is a great company in smartphone industry though it has not got the right amount of attention and recognition. It is the manufacturers of some of the best android smartphones with an extremely good quality display, sound, and camera.
- 5.2-inch Full HD display with 423-pixel density.
- 1.8 GHz SnapDragon 808 chipset with 2700 mAh battery.
- 2 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM(non-expandable)
- 12.3 MP dual LED flash rear camera capable of taking 4K videos and 5 MP front camera.
2. Apple iPhone 5c(32GB)
We have already listed Apple iPhone 5c(16 GB) under 300 dollars smartphones category.Well, we all know having an iPhone increases your value and status to cloud nine and though it is not the best and latest iPhone to own, but iPhone will always get its respect and status. It is upgradable to iOS 9.1.
- 4-inch retina display with 326-pixel density.
- 1.3 GHz dual-core A6 chip with 1510 mAh battery
- 1 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM(non-expandable)
- 8 MP rear camera with LED flash and 1.2 MP FaceTIme HD camera.
3. Huawei Honor 6 Plus
Huawei is the ideal company to make the best budget smartphone especially when your budget is around $300-$400. Huawei is one of the best hardware companies in the world with built-in software. Huawei Honor 6 Plus is a best in this range of price.
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 401-pixel density.
- 1.8 GHz octa-core processor with 4G LTE support.
- 3 GB RAM and 16 GB ROM (expandable up to 128 GB)
- 8 MP rear and 8 MP front camera and the front camera is able to take 1090p videos.
- 3600 mAH battery which is just massive.
4. Microsoft Lumia 830
Well, some may also call this Nokia Lumia 805 and hence, it has Android OS rather than just windows. Many people have started neglecting Nokia and Microsoft products but this is a gem. The specs look great but people are just reluctant and going with the flow.
- 5-inch IPS LCD display with 440-pixel density
- 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 processor with 2700 mAh battery
- 2 GB RAM and 16 GB(expandable 128 GB)
- 16 MP rear camera and 9 MP secondary camera.
5. Xiaomi Mi Note
Xiaomi is the best cheap smartphone brand and it has made its device available to persons across the world.
Xiaomi is the biggest smartphone on the list which is the best Android phone.
- 5.7-inch IPS LCD with 386-pixel density.
- 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset.
- 13 MP front camera with 4 MP front camera.
- 3 GB RAM and 64 GB ROM
- 3000 mAh battery with Quick Charging.
6. Samsung Galaxy A5
While S5 Mini is available under 300 dollars, Galaxy S5 is the best phone under 400 dollars given its brand value and one can safely say that it is better than iPhone 5C. It stands out for its primary camera and ability to do multitasking easily.
- 5.2-inch Full HD display with 432-pixel density.
- Quad-core Qualcomm SnapDragon 615 chipset.
- 2 GB RAM and 16 GB ROM(expandable up to 64 GB)
- 13 MP rear camera and 5 front camera
- 2300 mAh battery and it is scratch proof.
7. LG G4
Nexus is not exactly an LG-owned smartphone because Nexus is an exclusive product of Google who orders other company to make it every year. But when it comes to a true smartphone that belongs to LG, G4 stands out. It has amazing cameras and sound system. It is undoubted one of the best, if not the best, 400 dollar phones.
- 5.5-inch display with 538-pixel density which is just huge.
- Qualcomm SnapDragon 808 hexacore chipset.
- 3 GB RAM and 32 GB(expandable up to 256 GB)
- 16 MP rear camera with laser autofocus and 8 MP front camera.
- 3000 mAh battery.
8. Motorola Nexus 6
Even though Nexus is not exactly Motorola's exclusive product still it is one of the best phones under 400 dollars. As a matter of fact, it looks like Nexus brand produces all the good phones under 400 dollars and this is the 2nd one in the list. It is a 6-inch smartphone which is more like phablets.
- 6-inch display with 493-pixel density.
- Qualcomm SnapDragon 805 quad-core 2.7 GHz CPU.
- 3 GB RAM and 64 GB ROM(non-expandable)
- 13 MP rear camera and 2 M front camera
- 3320 mAh battery which is great.
9. Alcatel Idol 4S
Alcatel may not be too familiar a brand to you but it is an established company in smartphone manufacturing industry. Some experts consider this to be the best smartphone under 400 dollars and we could not help but have it on our list because some of you may just love to try out different companies' phones to get the best result and return from your money.
- 5.5-inch AMOLED display with 534-pixel density.
- Octa-core 1.8 GHz Qualcomm SnapDragon 652 chipset.
- 3 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM(expandable up to 512 GB)
- 16 MP rear camera and 8 MP front camera.
- 3000 mAh battery which is great.
10. OnePlus 3
OnePlus needs know introduction. It is known for selling high-range smartphones and has a huge customer base. They are pretty much like Xiaomi and they have done a great job within s short span. OnePlus 3 is their latest smartphones and has an amazing processor, camera, RAM, and ROM. This is undoubted the best smartphone under 400 dollars by far.
- 5.5-inch Optic AMOLED screen with 401-pixel density
- Qualcomm SnapDragon 820 chipset which is the latest in the market.
- 6 GB RAM and 64 GB ROM.
- 16 MP rear camera and 8 MP primary camera.
- 3000 mAh battery but it uses Oxygen OS 4.1.
There we go that top ten best smartphones under 400 dollars with unique different from one another. Now, it is time for you to decide which is the brand you want to go. Would you like to show off with iPhone or Galaxy or you want to have better specifications and enhance your user experience further? If your budget doesn't allow you to spend 400 dollars then check and shortlist the best smartphone under $100 or $200 or $300 now.