Cricket is a huge sport, after of course, Soccer. Nevertheless, the cricket fanbase is not a small one either. While several astonishing incidents happen in the 22 yards, many of us, cricket fans would have forgotten or wouldn't have even heard of such incidents. Here is a roundup of the most amazing cricket facts !
1. The only winner of the 60-over 50-over & the 20-over World Cups - India!
Team India is the only one with the credit of winning the 60-over (1983), 20-over (2007), 50-over (2011), cricket world cups.
2. MSD hasn't got a century outside of Asia
Captain cool, winner of all the ICC tournaments, hasn't registered a single century outside of the continent of Asia. All of his tons in Tests and ODIs have come in the countries of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh & Sri Lanka.
3. Inzamam-Ul-Haq's 1st ball in ODIs was a wicket
Young Inzamam has taken a wicket in the very first ball of his career, his scalp being West Indies great Brian Lara. Inzy bowled a ripper, Lara offered a catch to the wicket-keeper at the time, Moin Khan.
4. No. of players to have batted in all the 10 positions - 4!
Only 4 players have batted in all the 10 positions. The record holders are Pakistan's Shoaib Malik & Abdur Razzaq, Hashan Tillakaratne of Sri Lanka and Lance Klusener of South Africa.
5. He watched only 2 matches & in both of them, 1 bowler took all the 10 wickets!
Richard Stokes was a wide-eyed 10-year-old while he watched his first Test match, and Jim Laker took all the 10-wickets against Australia in 1956, that day. The next Test he saw was 43 years later in 1999 when Anil Kumble achieved the same feat against Pakistan!
6. When all the 4 innings of a Test was played in 1 day - twice!
The first time it happened was in 2000 at Lord's between England & West Indies, and the next was in 2011 at Cape Town between South Africa & Australia.
7. Wasim Akram has beaten Sachin's highest score in Tests!
Yup! Pakistani speedster Wasim Akram has a high score of 257 not out against Zimbabwe in 1996 while Tendulkar has a high score of 248 against Bangladesh in 2004.
8. Only bowler to get Don Bradman out Hit-Wicket
Lala Amarnath is the only bowler to have taken the wicket of Sir Donald Bradman, the greatest player of the game, through a hit-wicket!
9. Sanath Jayasuriya has more wickets than Shane Warne!
Believe it not, Sri-Lanka's Sanath Jayasuriya has played 444 ODIs taking 323 wickets, while spin legend Shane Warne has scalped 293 batsmen in 194 ODIs.
10. Sir Donald Bradman has only 6 sixers to his name!
The great Australian Batsman Sir Don Bradman has hit just 6 sixers in his entire cricketing career! He has scored 5 of them against England while the other against India.
11. Only 8 players have batted on all the 5 days of a Test!
There are several factors to that have to go your way, if you have to bat on all the 5 days. The 8 players who have done that are Kim Hughes, Alviro Petersen, Geoff Boycott, Allan Lamb, Adrian Griffith, Andrew Flintoff, Ravi Shastri, M. L. Jaisimha.
12. Gavaskar stayed not out on 36 of 174 balls in a World Cup match chasing 335 in 60 overs
In the 1975 World Cup match against England, Sunil Gavaskar batted the entire 60 overs of an ODI match. After being given a target of 335, India lost by a huge 200-run margin with Gavaskar scoring just 36 of 174!
13. Bishen Singh Bedi forfeited a match that could've been an easy win!
India needed only 24 off the last 14 balls to win the match against Pakistan when Bishen Singh Bedi forfeited the match citing the excessive use of bouncers as a reason!
You Can Read: - CRICKETERS WHO WENT TO JAIL FOR SHOCKING REASONS